CipherShield FIPS 140-2 Level 2 HIPAA 256-bit AES USB-C 3.1 Gen 2/eSATA Hardware Encrypted External Desktop Hard Drive
$249.99 – $899.99WARNING for California resident
Now with USB 3.1 Gen 2 interface capable of transferring files at the speed of up to 10 Gbps, it takes advantage of the faster speed of the newer generation of drives. You can now transfer files at twice the speed of the previous generation of USB 3.0 (USB 3.1 Gen 1). Faster transfer speed saves you time and money and makes it painless to transfer large files. USB-C connector allows connection to the new USB standard available in modern PC and Mac. Pre-formatting with exFAT format allows connection to PC, Mac, and Linux without reformatting.
CipherShield drive safeguards and protects classified information when they are too important to be left in the hand of one individual. To gain access to the drive, authentication will be based on one unique Cipherkey. It requires one key to be plugged in all the time while working with the drive. It is like getting a safe deposit box that takes one key to open. It is suitable for a group setting where more than one individual is working on highly confidential projects. i.e. blueprints for the company’s next new products, top-secret programs, highly confidential legal cases, sensitive customer records, and financial information.
CipherShield design features a chip embedded in the access key which matches the AES encryption module on the controller board. The drive will automatically lock down its content once the key is unplugged, or the power is shut off. And without the access key, data will not be seen or accessed in the event of theft or loss of the external drive. Data stored on the hard drive are safeguarded by a hardware-based National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) certified industrial strength AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) cryptographic engine. The advantage of hardware encryption over software encryption is that you need not be concerned about Trojans/viruses or software upgrades, which results in a decrease in the total cost of ownership. Since CipherShield encrypts data independently of the operating system; removing the drive and connecting it directly to the SATA BUS will not defeat the encryption. Unit is bundled with two keys and registration is required for key duplication.
- USB-C connector, compatible with Thunderbolt 3
- 7200 rpm high-performance CMR/PMR 3.5″ drive inside
- NIST FIPS 140-2 Level 2 compliant AES hardware encryption with 256-bit encryption
- Conforms to HIPAA regulation regarding patient privacy and to Sarbanes-Oxley regarding corporate financial and accounting practice
- CipherShield Smart Insert technology with Cipherkey to authenticate the drive, no complicated password or PIN to remember
- FDE (Full Disk Encryption) encrypt the whole drive
- Real-time “on-the-fly” encryption without any performance degradation
- Faster, easier to use, and provide better security than software encryption
- Operates independently to the OS: does not require separate drivers
- The encryption key is on the removable hardware key; can be removed and stored away to prevent unauthorized access
- Plug and play; no complicated installation
- Transfer rate:
- USB 2.0: Up to 480 Mbits/s
- USB 3.1 Gen 1: Up to 5 Gbits/s
- USB 3.1 Gen 2: Up to 10 Gbits/s
- Drive: Pre-formatted exFAT SATA drive (usable in PC, Mac, and Linux without reformatting)
- eSATA port with AHCI mode to support hot-plug
- USB-C SuperSpeed+ port
- Compatible to USB 2.0 port but will run at USB 2.0 transfer speed
- Mac OS X 10.4 or later
- Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista
- Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, 2003. Does not work with 2000 Server
- Larger than 2TB requires GPT support; does not support Windows XP
- CipherShield 256-bit AES USB-C 3.1 Gen 2/eSATA encrypted external hard drive
- 2 Cipherkeys
- USB-C cable
- eSATA cable
- 12V 1.5A DC Full range switching power adapter
- User manual
2TB, 4TB, 6TB, 8TB, 10TB, 12TB, 14TB, 16TB, 18TB, 20TB, 22TB
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.