CipherShield SSD USB 3.2 Gen 1 (3.0) /eSATA FIPS 140-2 256-bit AES Hardware Encrypted External Desktop Drive
$299.99 – $1,199.99
Standard model with SSD, more shock-resistance, perfect to carry anywhere!!!
A complete and easy-to-use solution to your secure storage needs
The desktop casing design is for standard corporate, government, and everyday uses. SSD features light weight and shock-resistance. This CipherShield encryption drive features single-factor authentication with a single key. CipherShield drive is perfect for secure data storage and backup for federal, state, and local government agencies, corporations, small businesses, universities, schools, healthcare, law, and personal use.
Key Mode options: 0 (standard) or 1 (supervisor)
Mode 0 key requires the key to be inserted at all times while powered on. It will remain authenticated until the power is turned off or the key is removed. Suitable for when human insertion of the key is not feasible such as a remote office or data center. The key will remain plugged in while the power is on for the drive to be authenticated and data transfer is enabled. The key can be removed when the power is off and can be send separately from the drive to other location as needed for data transfer.
Mode 1 key permits the key to be inserted and removed to store away while powered on. It will remain authenticated until the power is turned off. Suitable for when human insertion of the key is feasible such as at the local office. It is suitable for group settings where more than one individual is working on highly confidential projects. i.e. blueprints for the company’s new products, top secret programs, highly confidential legal cases, sensitive customer records, and financial information. The key can be removed and can be send separately from the drive to other location as needed for data transfer.
- Mode 0 key requires the key to be inserted at all times; Mode 1 key permits the key to be inserted and removed to store away while powered on
- SSD solid state drive for shock-resistance and light weight; don’t need to worry about dropping the drive while power is on
- NIST FIPS 140-2 compliant AES hardware encryption with 256-bit or 512-bit encryption (2-stage cascade AES 256-bit equals to 512-bit encryption for security-conscious users)
- Conforms to HIPAA regulation regarding patient privacy and Sarbanes-Oxley regarding corporate financial and accounting practice
- CipherShield Smart Insert technology with Cipherkey to authenticate the drive
- FDE (Full Disk Encryption) encrypts the whole drive
- Real-time “on-the-fly” encryption without any performance degradation
- Faster, easier to use, and provides better security than software encryption
- No long complicated PIN/password to remember and enter
- Operates independently to the OS: does not require separate drivers
- The encryption key is on the removable hardware key; it can be removed and stored away to prevent unauthorized access when not in use
- Self-powered, AC adapter included
- Transfer rate:
- USB 2.0: Up to 480Mbits/s
- USB 3.2 Gen 1 (3.0): Up to 5Gbits/s
- eSATA: Up to 6.0Gbits/s
- NTFS format (can be reformatted for Mac or Linux)
- TAA and 889 compliant, ECCN: 5a992.c, HTS: 8471705065
- USB 3.2 Gen 1 (3.0) SuperSpeed port to achieve 5Gbps transfer speed
- Backward compatible with USB 2.0 Hi-Speed port with USB 2.0 transfer speed
- eSATA port with AHCI mode to support hot-plug
- Mac OS X 10.4 or later
- Microsoft Windows 11, 10, 8, 7
- Windows Server 2020, 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, 2003
- CipherShield external desktop drive
- USB and eSATA cable
- 2 CipherKeys (1 key with 1 spare)
- 12V 1.5A DC Full range switching power adapter
- User manual
Mode 0, Mode 1
2TB, 4TB, 8TB
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.