CipherShield HIPAA 128-bit AES Quad Interface USB 2.0/eSATA/FW800/FW400 Hardware Encrypted External Desktop Hard Drive for PC
$279.99WARNING for California resident
Introducing the latest and greatest of our CipherShield hardware key encrypted external hard drive, the Quad Interface drive. With 4 different connection types at your disposal, compatibility and speed of data transfer is no longer an issue. USB 2.0, check. FireWire 400 and 800, check, check. And finally, who can forget eSATA, check that too.
CipherShield drive safeguards and protects classified information when they are too important to be left in the hand of one individual. To gain access to the drive, authentication will be based on one unique Cipherkey. It requires one key to be plugged in all the time while working with the drive. It is like getting a safe deposit box that takes one key to open. It is suitable for group setting where more than one individual are working on highly confidential projects. i.e. blueprints for company’s next new products, top secret programs, highly confidential legal cases, sensitive customer records and financial information.
CipherShield design features a chip embedded in the access key which matches the AES encryption module on the controller board. The drive will automatically lock down its content once the key is unplugged, or power is shut off. And without the access key, data will not be seen or accessed in the event of theft or loss of the external drive. Data stored on the hard drive are safeguarded by hardware-based National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) certified industrial strength AES (Advanced Encryption standard) cryptographic engine. The advantage of hardware encryption over software encryption is that you need not be concerned about Trojans/viruses or software upgrades, which results in a decrease of total cost of ownership. Since CipherShield encrypts data independent of the operating system; removing the drive and connecting it directly to the SATA BUS will not defeat the encryption. Unit is bundled with two keys and registration is required for key duplication.
- NIST compliant AES hardware encryption with 128-bit encryption
- Conforms to HIPAA regulation regarding patient privacy and to Sarbanes-Oxley regarding corporate financial and accounting practice
- CipherShield Smart Insert technology with Cipherkey to authenticate the drive
- FDE (Full Disk Encryption) encrypt whole drive
- Real time “on-the-fly” encryption without any performance degradation
- Faster, easier to use, and provide a better security than software encryption
- Operates independently to the OS: does not require separate drivers
- Encryption key is on the removable hardware key; can be removed and stored away to prevent unauthorized access
- Features 4 connection interface: USB 2.0, FireWire 400, FireWire 800, eSATA
- Plug and play; no complicated installation
- Transfer rate:
- USB 2.0: Up to 480 Mbits/s
- FireWire 400: Up to 400 Mbits/s
- FireWire 800: Up to 800 Mbits/s
- eSATA: Up to 3.0 Gbits/s
- Drive: Pre-formatted NTFS SATA drive (can be reformatted for Mac or Linux)
- eSATA port with AHCI mode to support hot-plug
- USB 2.0 port
- Compatible to USB 2.0 port but will run at USB 2.0 transfer speed
- FireWire 400 (1394A) port
- FireWire 800 (1394B) port
- Mac OS X 10.4 or later
- Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP
- Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, 2003. Does not work with 2000 Server
- Larger than 2TB requires GPT support; does not support Windows XP
- CipherShield Quad Interface 128-bit AES encrypted external drive
- 2 Cipherkeys
- USB 2.0 A to B cable
- FireWire 400 cable
- FireWire 800 cable
- eSATA cable
- 12V 1.5A DC Full range switching power adapter
- User manual
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.