CipherShield 256-bit AES USB-C HDD FIPS 140-2 Level 2 HIPAA USB 3.1 Gen 2 Hardware Encrypted Disk-On-The-Go External Slim Portable Drive
$139.99 – $159.99
256-bit AES Type-C USB 3.1 Gen 2 Disk-On-The-Go Slim Portable Hard Drive
Now with USB 3.1 Gen 2 interface capable of transferring files at the speed of up to 10 Gbps. You can now transfer file at twice the speed of the previous generation of USB 3.0 (USB 3.1 Gen 1). Faster transfer speed saves you time and money and make it painless to transfer large files. Type-C connector allows connection to the new USB standard available in modern PC and Mac. Pre-formatting with exFAT format allows connection to PC, Mac, and Linux without reformatting.
Disk-On-The-Go drive delivers speed, size, and portability – all in a compact 2.5″ form factor metal alloy enclosure. Not only lightweight and portable, but with less plastic used, more recyclable and eco friendly too. Plug and play installation means you can be using the drive within minutes after taking it out of the box. It is also backward compatible with USB 3.1 Gen 1 and USB 2.0, so you don’t need to worry about not being able to use it with previous generations USB system. The drive is perfect for anybody that is looking for lightweight, fast, and reliable storage solution.
CipherShield drive safeguards and protects classified information when they are too important to be left in the hand of one individual. To gain access to the drive, authentication will be based on one unique Cipherkey. It requires one key to be plugged in all the time while working with the drive. It is like getting a safe deposit box that takes one key to open. It is suitable for group setting where more than one individual are working on highly confidential projects. i.e. blueprints for company’s next new products, top secret programs, highly confidential legal cases, sensitive customer records and financial information.
CipherShield design features a chip embedded in the access key which matches the AES encryption module on the controller board. The drive will automatically lock down its content once the key is unplugged, or power is shut off. And without the access key, data will not be seen or accessed in the event of theft or loss of the external drive. Data stored on the hard drive are safeguarded by hardware-based National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) certified industrial strength AES (Advanced Encryption standard) cryptographic engine. The advantage of hardware encryption over software encryption is that you need not be concerned about Trojans/viruses or software upgrades, which results in a decrease of total cost of ownership. You do not need to remember complicated password or PIN. Since CipherShield encrypts data independent of the operating system; removing the drive and connecting it directly to the SATA BUS will not defeat the encryption. Unit is bundled with two keys and registration is required for key duplication.
- Type-C USB connector, compatible to Thunderbolt 3
- Slim and Portable
- USB-powered; power adapter optional
- NIST FIPS 140-2 Level 2 compliant AES hardware encryption with 256-bit encryption
- Equivalent to 32 characters password protection with the added benefit of not having to memorize long password and using software
- Conforms to HIPAA regulation regarding patient privacy and to Sarbanes-Oxley regarding corporate financial and accounting practice
- CipherShield Smart Insert technology with Cipherkey to authenticate the drive, no complicated password or PIN to remember
- FDE (Full Disk Encryption) encrypt whole drive
- Real time “on-the-fly” encryption without any performance degradation
- Faster, easier to use, and provide a better security than software encryption
- Operates independently to the OS: does not require separate drivers
- Encryption key is on the removable hardware key; can be removed and stored away to prevent unauthorized access
- Plug and play; no complicated installation
- Transfer rate:
- USB 2.0: Up to 480Mbits/s
- USB 3.1 Gen 1: Up to 5 Gbits/s
- USB 3.1 Gen 2: Up to 10 Gbits/s
- Drive: Pre-formatted exFAT SATA drive (usable in PC, Mac and Linux without reformatting)
- TAA compliant
- Item dimension: 5.38″ x 3.07″ x 0.63″
- Item weight: 0.5lb
- Shipping dimension: 7.63″ x 4.44″ x 2.13″
- Shipping weight: 1lb
- ECCN: 5A992.c
- HTS: 8471705065
- Type-C USB 3.1 Gen 2 SuperSpeed+ port to achieve USB 3.1 Gen 2 transfer speed
- Backward compatible to USB 3.1 Gen 1 & 2.0 port
- Mac OS X 10.4 or later
- Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista
- Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, 2003. Does not work with 2000 Server
- 2TB or smaller will support Windows XP; larger than 2TB requires GPT support and does not support Windows XP
- CipherShield 256-bit AES Type-C USB 3.1 Gen 2/eSATA Disk-On-The-Go encrypted external slim hard drive
- 2 Cipherkeys
- USB 3.1 C to C cable
- User manual
|Dimensions||7.63 × 4.44 × 2.13 in|
500GB, 1TB, 2TB
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.